Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe it's already come and gone. I have to say that this was a unique Christmas. This was our first Christmas in Sioux Falls, it was a brown Christmas with the temp getting up to 50 degrees outside, we hosted Christmas because I'm so pregnant I'm no longer allowed to travel, and it was Piper's second Christmas and in many ways it was all about her.

Here are a few more highlights. 


Piper spent time playing with each new toy as soon as she opened them.
Piper got a train set from Santa and I think it sent her into a moment of shock.

Josh got the only gift he asked for, a shirt with a picture of James (my sister's boyfriend) on it.
Piper played with with her train set a good chunk of Christmas day.
She also made time to play with a few other gifts.

James played his first ever game of cribbage.
Piper made everyone in the house come watch her play with her train set at some point during the day.
Today we were able to take a trip to Falls Park for lunch at the cafe.
It was so much fun to have family here for the holiday. It was also much fun to celebrate Christmas with a 21 month old. Many memories were made, and many new traditions were started.



No comments:

Post a Comment