Wednesday, October 5, 2011

18 Month Check Up

We took Piper to her 18 month appointment today. She is progressing just the way she should and her doctor and all her nurses were impressed with her curly hair.

Josh and I were shocked though when it came time to weigh Piper. She has only gained 4.5oz since her last appointment and has completely fallen of the chart. She's still in the 50 percentile for height and head circumference though.

Our doctor wasn't too concerned. She said since Piper's a good eater, and has never really been super sick we know she's a healthy kid. She also said that she can tell Piper is extremely active and didn't sit still once during the whole check up that she's burning a lot of calories. She wants us to feed Piper a lot of high fat foods and come in in three months to weigh her again and make sure she's gaining and not losing weight. I have to say this is the first time I've ever heard of a doctor telling a patient to eat more butter.
I also thought I'd share a video with you all.Piper can count all the way to 8! I think she only makes it to 7 in this video but I still think that's pretty impressive. The second time around though she goes from 1 to W.

No comments:

Post a Comment