Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Mobile

Josh and I have been searching for a baby mobile to hang above Piper’s crib. She’s getting much more observant and we wanted to make sure she’s getting some stimulation while she’s laying in her crib. The baby mobiles that are out there are really expensive! I was having a really hard time trying to find room in our budget for a mobile. Josh kept telling me that he was just going to make one. I’ve made mobiles in the past myself, once in 1st grade while learning about Alexander Calder and then again in middle school art class. Both times they came out looking kind of junky, and they were not something I would want to hang above a baby’s bed. Josh kept insisting he could make something that Piper would like for very little money. I finally gave in, if anything it would be a fun family craft project.

I have to say it turned out better than what I pictured in my head. I also have to admit that it cost very little to make. Piper also seems to really like it.
The supplies we used were:
3 pieces of wire
Fishing line
Wooden animals from Michaels .59 cents a piece
A little bit of hot glue
One eye bolt

Tools needed:
Power drill with a small drill bit
Hot glue gun

No comments:

Post a Comment