Friday, December 24, 2010

The Times Are a Changing

It seems the theme for this year has been change. Christmas has not been an exception to that rule. For pretty much my whole life the tradition in my family was that we would go to Christmas Eve mass and while we were there Santa would stop by our home and drop off all our presents. I guess we were always one of his first stops. This year has been a bit different. My sister and her boyfriend will not be here until the 27th and Josh is working an overnight tonight. I talked to Santa and I guess he's not stopping by until Monday.

I guess I'm fine with the change it just feels kind of strange. Instead tonight my Mom, Dad, Piper and I all went to mass. We've been spending the evening watching It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story. My Dad told me this is the first year in his whole life that he hasn't opened presents on Christmas Eve. He tried to talk us into opening all the presents and the wrapping them back up. To me that sounded like more work than fun.

I always knew that one day when I had my own children that traditions would change. It will be interesting to see what traditions Piper will remember someday.

What ever your traditions may be, I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Merry Christmas to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment