Friday, December 10, 2010

My 2nd Favorite Cookie

I made my second favorite cookie this week, oatmeal butter scotch cookies. I love eating these, they remind me of my childhood. I would love when my mom would make me these cookies.
They are also pretty easy to make

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp soda
4 c. oatmeal
1 pkg. butter scotch chips

Mix together. Bake 12 min @ 350

I mixed up the dry ingredients first and then added the eggs and butter. This recipe you really need to dig in and mix with your hands. Unfortunately as soon as I was all nice and gooey from mixing the dough Piper found Taco the Cat's water dish. By the time I washed the dough off my hands Piper had made a nice little puddle around the dish and was pretty wet herself. I had to wait until Josh got back from the store to finish making the cookies.

Even though the little baby kept me on my toes while making the cookies they still turned out great. I had to share them to help prevent me from eating them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment