Thursday, July 26, 2012

Art Day

Piper and I did a lot of art today. I had promised her we could go to Barnes and Noble this morning but poor little Dexter was not feeling well. He had a ton of shots yesterday and he was super wiped out this morning.

Piper and I did a couple of different projects. We made microwave puff paint, a project that we found in the June/July issue of family fun. 




Ingredients for paint-
1 tablespoon flour
1tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon backing powder
2 or 3 teaspoons of water
several drops of food coloring

Stir the paint until it's smooth and then paint! When she was done I'd pop her pictures in the microwave for 20 seconds. She loved the texture of her paintings once they came out of the microwave.


Piper has also really been into chickens and roosters lately (I'm not sure why). We made a super simple hand print and chicken craft.

We both had lots of fun keeping busy with our little projects today!

No comments:

Post a Comment