Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My New Footwear


Yesterday afternoon while Piper was napping and Josh was shoveling the driveway I decided to break my fifth metatarsal.

Both Josh and I thought it was just a sprain, but as my foot swelled, the pain seemed to be in one small spot, and I had a hard time bearing weight on my entire foot we realized it might be a little more serious. We went to urgent care tonight and sure enough I snapped my bone right in half. The doctor wasn't sure how I managed to even walk in the door of the clinic. I have to meet with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to find out if I need surgery.

In other news I also get to meet with an oral surgeon tomorrow to find out about getting some oral surgery done. I had some dental problems while pregnant with Piper and have been putting off surgery until I was done nursing. With Piper starting to wean it's become time for me to start taking care of myself.

Talk about a double whammy :/

No comments:

Post a Comment